Electronic Health Record (EHR) Consultant
EHR Clinical Strategist - EHR Application Analyst - EHR Trainer - EHR Conversion Support
WHO I AM
Epic Systems Go-Live and Analyst: Cadence, Cupid, Radiant and Ambulatory. Experienced in providing professional Elbow support to clinical staff at Go-lives. Work with providers, clinicians, non-clinicians and staffs at a different level of the organization such as Front desk staff, Nurses, MA, providers, build analyst, and directors. Excel in creating coherence working environment by ensuring excellent communication, and professional relationship while providing efficient service delivery to clinicians and non-clinicians in different organization. Works closely with a variety of multi-disciplinary teams to facilitate the development of integrated workflows and define processes that cross applications and functional areas. Responsible for on-call support coverage.
Cerner Applications Analyst: PowerChart and FirstNet (Dynamic Documentation with Dragon dictation software, mPages, OrderSets aka PowerPlans, PowerForms and Message Center) with experience in building Cerner applications in line with Clinician workflows acute and ambulatory using the Model Experience content guides (Formerly known as the Cerner Playbooks). Led Provider and Non-Provider subject matter expert workgroups to obtain design decisions, ultimately to build specialty-driven workflow mPages, custom note templates, and specialty global auto-text. Provides On-Call support to Clinicians using organizations ticket queue system to triage and assess application errors. Knowledge in resolving End-User frustration by addressing the problem using Cerner’s back-end tools or providing End-User education.
Experienced in working with Epic software.
Strong knowledge of business process of health care industry.
Adept at customizing Epic software according to the business operations needs of clients.
Strong coordination, communication, and organizational skills.
Comfortable in generating reports of all the functional areas of the facility.
Knowledgeable in Cadence, Cupid, Radiant and Ambulatory.
Assisting floor super users on issue resolution and experienced in providing elbow support to clinical staff at go-live.
Currently an Applications Analyst building Physician documentation (Dynamic Documentation) with Dragon dictation software, OrderSets (PowerPlans), PowerNotes, PowerForms (AdHoc Forms) and Cerner End User Interface (mPages) using the Model Experience.
Developed and managed physician subject matter workgroups which addressed customization processes and coordinated in-depth clinical documentation sessions to develop specialty driven mPages and Dyn. Doc Note Templates.
Currently manages organization clinical informatics help desk on-call ticket requests. Resolves Cerner end-user incident help desk ticket.
Managed training implementation for Cerner Millennium (Powerchart, FirstNet, SurgiNet, PathNet, Scheduling, RadNet, and PharmNet).
Coordinated the efforts for 25 resources including principal trainers, environment build specialists, and instruction designers and system architects.
Developed training process for Clinical Staff, Nursing and Ancillary Staff across all Departments.
Cerner Analyst for Ambulatory providing system optimization, testing, and validation of dynamic documentation note templates, workflow mPages, custom auto-text and provider powerforms (Procedure, Scales/ Assessments). Collaborate with Provider subject matter experts on current and future state workflows and specialty documentation.
• Led Ambulatory Specialty workgroup subject matter expert workgroup sessions to obtain decision points on specialty-driven mPages, Orders and Powerform documents.
• Designed custom dynamic documentation note templates for ambulatory.
• Provide expert industry knowledge in complex client environments (Bedrock.exe, DCPTools.exe, and Dyn. Doc Manager)
• Provide workflow gap analysis and process redesign recommendations using Workflow tracker on Method M, support client and other project teams on Reg./Schedule and CPM Billing.
• Consult with client to develop and apply appropriate policies and procedures
Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital
Physician Track Consultant for Good Shepheard Rehabilitation Hospital. Responsibilities for the Rehab Hospital included triaging tickets from testing events, cross-training GSRH analyst on building Orders (dcptools.exe), Order Entry Format (dcptools.exe), PowerPlans (dcptools.exe or bedrock.exe), Dynamic Documentation note templates (xHTML code language and Dyn Doc manager.exe), mPages (bedrock.exe), Smart Templates (bedrock.exe and corecodebuilder.exe), Message Center (inboxconfig.exe), Powerforms (powerforms.exe) and IVIew (bedrock.exe, dcptools.exe and corecodebuilder.exe).
• Cross Train GSRH Physician Track analyst on the Cerner build tools
• Investigate any Cerner PowerChart Physician Track issues
• Assist with resolving any Cerner PowerChart Physician Track issues in collaboration with the GSRH Physician Track analyst
• Train End Users on navigating Cerner PowerChart
• Provide real-time support to End Users during Go-Live of Cerner PowerChart
• Escalate, communicate and/or mitigate risks related to the Cerner Project
Lakeland Regional Health
Under the general supervision of the client, collect and analyze information from system users to formulate the scope and objectives of the Cerner emergency solution, FirstNet. Maintained Lakeland PowerPlans as requested by the client and managed issue ticketing system to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of FirstNet and PowerPlans.
- Identified opportunities for activities related to team development and Cerner application cross training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cerner Millennium systems/technology necessary to complete duties, which included providing end-user technical support of mPages, FirstNet and PowerPlans.
- Served as a Cerner PowerChart, FirstNet and PowerPlan system consultant within IT department and for direct customers.
- Participates in the ongoing maintenance of Cerner Millennium applications.
- Proactively facilitates communication with Clinical Informatics personnel and within the department.
- Followed client Information Services methodologies, processes, policies, and procedures. Including but not limited to change management, documentation, and issue resolution. Assists in training FirstNet and PowerChart to IT staff.
Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of Cerner Millennium electronic health record system, and/or the installation and maintenance of upgrade packages, as well as the configuration and support of system across Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN, Arizona & Jacksonville, FL. Evaluates alternative approaches and presents recommendations to teams and unit leadership. Regularly reviews Cerner applications and makes modifications and/or updates to ensure currency and functionality within an established environment.
• Maintains and supports Cerner Millennium EHR and their associated applications at multiple Mayo Clinic sites.
• Produces and maintains documentation such as system requirements, designs, resource inventories, and plans.
• Provides Cerner application technical expertise and project leadership to other staff members, demonstrates initiative, and works independently as needed to accomplish responsibilities. Works effectively across multiple clinical departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders.
• Interface with Cerner applications support service to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. Acts as a liaison to Mayo departments and Cerner Corporation to adequately support the divisions computing systems.
• Interfaces routinely with colleagues who may be located at any of the Mayo Group practices to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership.
• Provides 24/7 on-call support to Clinicians that log in help desk ticket for Cerner Powerchart application issues.
• Utilize a variety of analytic techniques to insure accuracy of Meaningful Use metrics and clinical analytics. Routinely works with care providers, Business Analysts, other teams (IT and non-IT), and practice leadership to assure Mayo successfully meets Meaningful Use and CMS objectives while improving practice insight into important quality and compliance measures.